Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Did you know...?

That in the dressing rooms of maternity clothing stores, there are fake belly pads? Yeah neither did I. 

Until, that is, a few weeks ago when I needed to go swimsuit shopping for our Hawaiian anniversary/babymoon trip. It had become quite clear that my growing belly was no longer going to fit in my normal-sized bikinis so I hit up a little store called A Pea in The Pod. I was surprised that I was able to pick out several one-pieces that I liked and took them into the dressing room.

One after one, I tried them all on and snapped pics to send to my friends for their input, never noticing the padded fake belly hanging off to the side. And then I saw it. Genius, I thought! Whatever swimsuit I buy would need to last me for the entire Texas summer of hot death and I would just keep getting bigger. Using the fake belly, I could see how the suits would fit me when I'm 7-8 months along. 

So I velcroed that shit to my mid-section and began trying them on. The following pictures are what resulted. 






So based on these photos, which two swimsuits would you have selected? ;)

Signed, 
Having Too Much Fun Being Pregnant

4 comments:

  1. the floral and the coral lacy one. The only one I'd say a no to was the last one. YOU LOOK FABULOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you! I didn’t like the last one either! I did get the coral one!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to guess coral too, but the vertical stripe?

    ReplyDelete